Re: NVDA Responsiveness

Gene

I don't know why the third problem occurs but others can explain it from a technical standpoint but the problem is known.  If I have to unload NVDA for some reason and I'm using a browser, I book mark the page I'm working with at times so I can close the browser, reopen it after running NVDA, then return to the page.  Or I might use history to return to the page.  But at times, it's easier to create a book mark and at times, depending on how you get to a web page, it may not be in history.  So I make a book markat times, then delete it when no longer needed.  I believe this problem will be corrected in upcoming production versions of NVDA.

I think the other problems reflect problems with your system but I don't know enough technically to say much about them.

Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:23 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Responsiveness

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say "pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.