Re: Eloquence&Vocalizer Gives NVDA A Real Screen Reader Feel To Me

Blee Blat <bleeblat@...>

Yes, this is true, all the newer synths are very poor. Eloquence is a bit too human sounding, but you're right I'd put up with it because it does speak fast. The trouble is that it's old code and I'm not sure it's going to continue to be supported, plus I'd have to get a license for Android and Windows I'm guessing, and possibly the Linux versions. I'd only do that though if it wasn't going to drag down performance of the devices running old buggy code. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the actual code that is eloquence hasn't been modified since 1999 or so, so you're paying for someone to keep packaging old compatibility libraries which will eventually stop working.