Re: Eloquence&Vocalizer Gives NVDA A Real Screen Reader Feel To Me

Gene

I don't know if or when it may stop working.  It still works in Windows 10.  I don't know what changes in Windows might cause it to stop working in the future, but I wouldn't be very convinced that it will stop working.  It may not be worth whatever you would have to pay, but if its worked this long in as many versions of Windows as it has, I expect it will keep on working.

From: Blee Blat
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence&Vocalizer Gives NVDA A Real Screen Reader Feel To Me

Yes, this is true, all the newer synths are very poor. Eloquence is a
bit too human sounding, but you're right I'd put up with it because it
does speak fast. The trouble is that it's old code and I'm not sure it's
going to continue to be supported, plus I'd have to get a license for
Android and Windows I'm guessing, and possibly the Linux versions. I'd
only do that though if it wasn't going to drag down performance of the
devices running old buggy code. Unless I'm misunderstanding something,
the actual code that is eloquence hasn't been modified since 1999 or so,
so you're paying for someone to keep packaging old compatibility
libraries which will eventually stop working.