Re: test

Gene

If this point is unclear, I'm not saying a program will say something like reply message ready.  But it will indicate in some reliable way that it is ready.  When I issue the reply command using Windows Live Mail, I hear the subject line start to be announced when the reply window has opened and the program is ready for me to start typing a message.  Since subject lines in replies say re: at the start of the line, if I hear re, I know I can start typing a message.  I don't jump the instant I hear re and start typing necessarily.  I don't want to make writing messages a nerve-wracking experience where I tensely wait for a word and then respond as quickly as is humaly possible.  I start hearing the subject line, then I start to write when I'm comfortable doing so in terms of the speed of my response.  I may hear one or two words of the subject line read.  I may not type at all for a bit because I'm thinking of what I'll say and how I'll say it.  Just as when I send a message, I don't hear the command alt s spoken nor would it benefit me to hear it.  I wait until I hear the message information start to be read which tells me that I am back either in the message window that I am replying to or that tells me that I am back in the message list, depending on where I was when I replied to or started a new message.  it's the response that matters, not whether you hear a command announced.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] test

Hi, Gary,

What I did to hear the keys spoken was to hit the alt key. It says "lower ribbon reply control R". Then I hit enter on a message to reply and heard the keys spoken.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Metzler
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Thanks Rosemary.

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:31 PM

I got it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Metzler
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 10:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] test

Hi All,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.