Re: New Blog Post: The GitHub Games Pt. 0 - Background, Introduction and Series Overview

Antony Stone

Github is named after the version control system git, which was developed by
Linus Torvalds with a full understanding of its meaning in English.

Antony.

On Tuesday 24 October 2017 at 14:22:13, Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io wrote:

For my part, I'm wondering who would name a development platform Github.
They either had a warped sense of humour, or were not aware of the meaning
of Git in the UK English lexicon. grin.
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.