We are just not there yet, but we are almost there.

Most of windows is uia, and why firefox is slow is its probably in transition to the new system.

I do hope that system eventually exists but well.

On 26/10/2017 8:31 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Its fine but I'm using 55 and have turned off updates. if they have messed it up in 57, they need to create a new maintained branch I would imagine so that anyone who relies on Firefox is protected against losing the ability to use it and its current add on systems.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum. ver 57 are we ready?

Hi again Group,

I noticed that this is Firefox 52--a full 5 versions behind the 57
version due to be released in November. Is this at all safe?

On 10/25/2017 10:12 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

There will be problems using ScreenReders with the Firefox Quantum due
to be released on November 14th. It is advised that the ESR version
of Firefox should be installed and your current personal Firefox
version be uninstalled to prevent it from automatically updating to
the latest but broken Firefox Quantum, as far as ScreenReader
usability goes. Go here to download FireFox ESR to maintain
ScreenReader usability as this version won't be updated until June of
next year, by which time, it is hoped that the personal edition of
Firefox and ScreenReader usability will be resolved.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Plese press T to find the table of available languages, plus Operating
Systems, and arrow down to the appropriate language and OS of your
choice. Unfortunately, the navigation of this table is not made any
easier due to the lack of hadings, but patiently scroll down with your
arrow key and you should find what you need. Cheers!

On 26/10/2017 8:46 AM, Gene wrote:
The free upgrade won't be available after a time, I think it's a few
months from now. but you don't have to upgrade and remain upgraded.
You can upgrade and then go back to whatever you are using now.
Then, since you have upgraded, you can upgrade again later if you
wish. I don't know the details of how you upgrade again and from
what I've read, if you upgrade and then downgrade, you have to do
some things to get everything back as it was. Just because the free
upgrade is going away, that doesn't mean you have to do anything.
How old is your machine? How likely is it that it will still be
working when support ends for whatever version of Windows you are
running now? How old are your peripherals such as printer and
scanner? Are there Windows 10 drivers for them? The free upgrade
might not be so free.
Is there anything in Windows 10 you want?