Re: Firefox Quantum. ver 57 are we ready?

Gene

You didn't say you had problems with version 52, the version being used in the ESR version.  It is dangerous to use old browsers and 45 is getting older every day and is already ten or eleven versions old.  How old is that, about two years?

If you try the ESR version as a portable application, you can see if it works and still have 45 installed.

Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum. ver 57 are we ready?

Well when I asked over a month back nobody knew what I was talking about, so
I'm staying on 455 till I see which way the wind blows. Unless otherwise
persuaded even though I have a 64 bit machine I have in the past been burned
by the 64 bit version of FF, so I am using the 32 bit one very reliably,
until they brought out 56, when I had to disable the sidebar to get focus on
the page all the time. I reported this bug but they did not fix it in 56,
instead fixing it in the 57 pre release versions which I've not tried.
 For those who do know what is going on, a little bit more info here would
be nice, like can we be sure if we download 57, that we can keep it 32 bi5t
and that the weird bugs with some web controls will be fixed,  and vital add
ons like system sounds and ad blockers will still work.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-