Re: Firefox Quantum. ver 57 are we ready?

Matt Turner

Hi, yes I've played with it, but its very slow with NVDA.

Here's the blog post if that helps.

http://blog.freedomscientific.com/2017/10/25/important-information-for-users-of-mozilla-firefox/

Hi guys

I just had a email off another list to do with another screen reader to do with the new fire fox coming out next month the one stated in the subject line. Are we alright to go with it as of yet? or will we be aright with it in the next release of NVDA 2017.4 or the version after that.

I have not got that version on this system so do not know how well it works with it. From what i have been reading is more to do with multii thread machines.

And older machines will slow the right down as in searching for pages etc.

It looks also the free upgrade to windows 10 from 7,8 and 8.1 ends at the end of this year.

So if you are able to upgrade from those operating system either upgrade or after that date if you want to go to windows 10 you will have to pay.

There is also some other accessibility stuff that might be of interest to windows 10 creator update. For more info see the following link at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2017/10/17/windows-10-accessibility-update/

Once i know also about the new browser and when we are able to go i will put it back across the list in atig in new zealand.

Gene nz