Re: Using Thunderbird filters

John Isige

Question:  Did all messages stop getting filtered, or only some of them?
Again, if some messages are filtered and some are not, I'd check the
headers of a filtered message and an unfiltered one to see if there are
any differences. I see you use the to: field. If somebody replies to a
person and has the list address in the cc: field, then obviously it
won't get filtered. These are the kinds of things to start checking for.
If you have a case like that, you might need to set up two or three
rules for the list to make sure every message gets filtered and moved to
its folder.

On 10/26/2017 12:46, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Gene,

Here are the steps I took to create the rules. I'll use the music list
I'm on as an example.

1. I went to tools with alt T and hit f for message filters.

2. I tabbed to the new button and hit the space bar on it.

3. I typed the name for my rule. It's called audioourplace. That's the
music list I'm on.

4. I unchecked the box that says "manually check for new messages" or
something like that.

5. Next, I tabbed to the box that says "match all of the following"
and then tabbed to the combo box and chose the "to" field.

6. I tabbed to the box for "contains". Then I tabbed to an edit box
and typed audioourplace@googlegroups.com
<mailto:audioourplace@googlegroups.com>.

7. I tabbed to where you choose a folder. I chose the folder for the
music list and hit enter on it.

8. I tabbed to the ok button and hit the space bar on it.

9. When I was taken back to the screen where you'd create a new rule,
I tabbed to the run now button and hit enter on it. The filter did
work for awhile but then I got new messages from that list in my inbox
so I don't know where the problem could be.

I hope these steps explain better what I was trying to do.

Rosemarie