Re: voice question

Gene

Just because it is developed by Microsoft does not mean it is compatible with newer versions of Windows if it is too old.  I don’t know if installing a version of SAPI that is too old might damage something in new or recent versions of Windows.  But you can’t assume when you install something like that that is  like eighteen or twenty years old. 

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] voice question

It's freakin' SAPI. I seriously doubt that it's going to damage windows in any way. After all, wasn't SAPI created by Microsoft?

Thanks,
Ari

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
>
> Well I have old realspeak voices, speech platform is free.
> Sapi4 stuff can still be installed so ms and lh voices will still work.
> While I wouldn't recomend it if you can get the home page reader 3.02 demo there are fully working viavoices.
> The reason I don't recomend it is that even in old xp their installers didn't always work to remove them later.
> Finally if you do have version 7 of windoweyes maybe later their version of eloquence is on the disk its a sapi4 program and its legal as far as I know.
> However, I am wary of loading older synths, and older things even the ms sapi5.1 synths as I have heard that some of the old resource kits can do bad things to the os.
> For nvda I'd actually be inclined to spend the cash for the acapella nvda voices, they are specially configured for nvda and you get access to every voice for the 1 price and that is an attraction for me that I may take up.
>
>
>
>> On 20/04/2016 9:39 a.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the e-speak synthesizer and it's really great. Anna is the only
>> sapi 5 voice that comes with windows 7 but you can buy more voices.
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Jamie Prater [mailto:jdprater@...]
>> Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:56 PM
>> To: nvda@groups.io
>> Subject: [nvda] voice question
>>
>> Hi, is Anna the only voice you can use with nvda unless you purchase more? I
>> only have Microsoft voice Anna as my only voice option and would like
>> something a bit better.  Thanks for any help and have a blessed day. PS: I'm
>> using the latest nvda with windows 7 and am very very much a beginner and
>> know very little about nvda.  Thanks again and have a blessed day.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.