From: Aravind R [mailto:aravind.andhrabank@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2016 12:06 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ESPEAK

in india, eSpeak only reads most of the indian languages like tamil, marati, telugu etc and we will struggle to read languages written in indian languages.
so eSpeak is necessary for us.

On 4/20/16, Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@...> wrote:
Hi list

I do not necessarily agree with the idea to do away with ESpeak. I
believe that is a case of "horses for causes."

In South Africa, more specifically, at the Institute for the Blind in
Worcester where I am a lecturer, we extensively use ESpeak to read
Afrikaans. And may I say, the quality of ESpeak's Afrikaans is
actually very good.

I won't mind if the developers do away with ESpeak, but before that
happens I want definite proof that the replacement program has, at
least, the same quality, preferably, better.

Cheers

Christo

r. aravind,

Assistant manager