Re: Goldwave and NVDA interference

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

Yes not only batch conversion but even when opening or saving a large high compressed file there is a problem

On Oct 29, 2017 9:57 PM, "Damien Sykes-Lindley" <damien@...> wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone else experienced this? When doing a batch conversion with GoldWave, NVDA struggles or outright fails to read several Windows utilities such as Windows Explorer, Control Panel etc. An acquaintance of mine is experiencing the exact same issue.
As for me, I’m running on Windows 7 64-bit, NVDA 2017.2, GoldWave 6.31 and, not that I think this will make any difference, GoldWave NVDA addon 17.05.
The strangest thing, and perhaps the biggest problem with this, is that it only stopped working recently, in both cases. Mine a few months ago, and the other guy’s a few weeks ago. The problem is that neither of us can determine a pattern, I.E. a common denomenator that could or should explain the change.
I have tried disabling the addon (in case it was an addon update), I’ve also tried with the latest NVDA – 2017.3 (in case it is a known issue and has been fixed) but with no improvements.
Cheers.
Damien.