Re: Goldwave and NVDA interference

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

That's why I change processing priority  of goldwwave to medium or lo

On Oct 29, 2017 10:09 PM, "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Confirmed (especially when performing a lengthy process such as applying effects to a long file). This would be because GoldWave takes over the CPU (that is, the program will use a lot of CPU time), making NVDA’s responsiveness slower than usual.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Damien Sykes-Lindley
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 9:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Goldwave and NVDA interference

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this? When doing a batch conversion with GoldWave, NVDA struggles or outright fails to read several Windows utilities such as Windows Explorer, Control Panel etc. An acquaintance of mine is experiencing the exact same issue.

As for me, I’m running on Windows 7 64-bit, NVDA 2017.2, GoldWave 6.31 and, not that I think this will make any difference, GoldWave NVDA addon 17.05.

The strangest thing, and perhaps the biggest problem with this, is that it only stopped working recently, in both cases. Mine a few months ago, and the other guy’s a few weeks ago. The problem is that neither of us can determine a pattern, I.E. a common denomenator that could or should explain the change.

I have tried disabling the addon (in case it was an addon update), I’ve also tried with the latest NVDA – 2017.3 (in case it is a known issue and has been fixed) but with no improvements.

Cheers.
Damien.