Re: NVDA saying roman numeral numbers

Antony Stone

Why would the word "I've" get read as "one tick four"?

If the "four" comes from the combination of I preceding V, why would the I
also get read as "one"?

The letter V means five, and the letter E means nothing, so I'm puzzled that
"I've" would get identified as worth reading as a Roman Number at all.

However, maybe that's what you were referring to regarding regular
expressions, to make sure the system only considers combinations of the
letters I, V, X, L, C, D and M with no other letters or symbols intermixed.

Making sure they occur in a meaningful order would be beyond the ability of a
regex, I think.

Antony.

On Monday 30 October 2017 at 00:25:40, Gene wrote:

You could put them in the speech dictionary but you have to know how to
limit them to only the context of numbers. If you do it incorrectly, when
you spell something such as the word I've, using spell current word, you'd
hear something like one tic four. I played around with roman numerals in
the speech dictionary but I didn't know how to set the context. I think
you might have to use regular expressions and that's an area I know
nothing about.