Re: Windows 10 Lock Screen Tip - Prevent NVDA From Saying Ratio While Reading The Time

Laughing Thunder

Yes. If you have a synth-specific dictionary, place the line I provided at the end of it instead.

On 10/29/2017 6:59 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Surely NVDA  will only use this default.dic file if there is no synth specific .dic file  available for the synth you have configured for use with the log-on/secure screens.  I.E if you have a synth specific .dic file in your user settings and elected to copy over your own settings using the facility in the General settings dialog.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laughingthunder
Sent: 29 October 2017 20:18
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 Lock Screen Tip - Prevent NVDA From Saying Ratio While Reading The Time

No. The default dictionary is the file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\nvda\builtin.dic, which should not be modified. In the case of my instructions, the word "default" in the file name simply refers to the dictionary that will be used by all synthesizers installed in the configuration used on the logon screen and other secure screens.

On 10/29/2017 10:34 AM, Gene wrote:

Your instructions appear to replace the default dictionary in NVDA. Is that the case?

Gene