Wordpress.com and NVDA

Hi, everyone. I have a blog on wordpress.com and have a couple questions about using it with NVDA. I've noticed that the HTML editor doesn't seem to be very accessible, so I have to switch to the visual rich text editor to write a post. Is there something I can change in the settings or something to make this more accessible? Also, I'm a beginner at blogging and only have a couple posts on my blog. Before I really get going with it, are there any settings I should change, good accessible themes or plugins I should use, or tips you have for someone just getting started? Thanks.