Re: Updated In-Process

hi brian.
thanks so much for your informations.
giving sweets and candy is beautiful, in islam is many narrations
about making people happy and helping others.

Brian that's probably a better account than mine!

I think so many of these festivals, we in the West lose what it was
originally about and turn it into a commercial endeavour simply to sell
things and eat food.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists@...> wrote:

I think a lot of people in the west assume that everyone knows such
things. Its a weird combination of holy day, some pagan bad spirits day
and
commercial companies hi jacking it all to make money, IE the sell things
dress up as monsters spirits and sundry other nasty looking things and
then
sell everyone pumpkins which they then destroy to put candles in and not
eat. They then force everyone to buy sweets and candy to give out to
children who come to doors demanding them on the evening of the 31st
October and if they don't get one they play some stupid practical joke on
you.
I know it sounds mad, and indeed it probably is, but probably harmless
in
the long run.

If an alien came down and visited the US on Halloween they would go back
totally confused.
grin.
Brian

bglists@...