From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: 02 November 2017 14:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

The pass through key is most often used when a web page or an application wants access to keystrokes which the Screenreader would normally reserve for itself.

The clearest example I can think of is YouTube where pressing K without a screenreader running will pause the video, J will skip back and L will skip forward.

If you want to access these keys function with a screenreader running you need to execute the pass through command first which will mean that the screenreader will ignore the keystroke and pass it straight through to the web page. So with NVDA running on YouTube use the pass through key command and then pressing K should pause the Video.

David Griffith

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/