Re: lock NVDA + f2

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

This is the way browse mode is supposed to work, but this is not the current behavior of NVDA in chrome.  I get browse mode turning on regardless of whether I've specifically turned it off or not.  This didn't happen with earlier versions of NVDA, so it's something fairly new, though I'm not sure which version started doing this, but it definitely didn't do it in 2016.4, but it does with 2017.3.  I don't know which in between version broke it, because I upgraded directly, since I wanted the kindle functionality, and had no reason to upgrade before then.

On 11/2/2017 2:07 PM, Gene wrote:
Browse mode is supposed to stay off regardless of what happens until you turn it on again.  If you close the browser and reopen it, browse mode will be on but when you manually turn it off, it stays off for the session until you turn it on.

From: John Isige
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] lock NVDA + f2

Would it be the same though? I'm guessing what's being talked about here
is that NVDA will turn browse mode back on if the game changes. So you
turn it off and it's fine, but something changes, and it turns back on,
and you have to stop and turn it back off again. With a pass key lock it
could just hold until you toggled it off. Browse mode was my first
thought too, and I don't play enough web games to know what's going on,
if anybody wants to provide examples of some that cause a problem I'll
happily check them out. But that would be my guess, that browse mode is
getting toggled automatically in response to a change from the site.