Re: Using NVDA with Pontes Media Downloader

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

after you download the youtube-dl program, extract it, then simply copy the youtube-dl.exe file into the same directory that contains ytdlui and everything will work just fine.  If you want to use web downloading in general, then grap wget and place the wget.exe into the same directory as well, and again, all works just fine.

I don't call dlls, but the youtube-dl.exe program directly, that's the only program you need.  Just make it's the actual executable, and not the install program.
That's all there is to it.
I would include said programs with ytdlui myself, but that would require me to add all kinds of stuff to my documentation, and also it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of ytdlui in the first place.
On 11/2/2017 12:56 PM, David Griffith wrote:

Dear travis

I have downloaded your program but I don’t appear to have the knowledge or skills to find the youtube.dll file on the page you point to in the Help file.

I downloaded a file called youtube_dl but it was not at all clear what I should do  with it. I tried renaming it  to a dll file which did not  appear to do anything.

I then downloaded and exe file from the same site which again appeared to do nothing. I then tried extracting the exe file and whilst loads of stuff came out I could find no dll files in this.

I then consulted the download help which seemed to indicate that you needed to be programming in Python in order to use the downloads. Is this right or is there a link for just the YouTube.dll fileanywhere?

Tghanks

David Griffith

I went back to the page you pointed to and did a page search for dll  but came up with no results.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog