Re: lock NVDA + f2

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

It happens with every single web site I encounter that requires input in multiple fields.  I can set NVDA to browse mode (that's the default right?) then every time I encounter an edit field, NVDA automatically switches to edit mode regardless of whether I've previously told it to be in browse mode or not.  It happens 100 percent of the time on each and every web site I encounter edit fields on, so it is definitely not a once in a while thing.  Find yourself any web site that requires logins, or perhaps one with a signup form, and the behavior is always exactly the same, whether I've set it specifically to browse mode or not.

Re the inconsistent behaviour in Chrome, can you give some steps to reproduce please?

Eg:
2. Press ...
3. Press ...

Re the issue of playing certain browser based games, are they self voicing?  IE: Does NVDA speak useful information while using them?  If you don't have to have NVDA, then you could put NVDA in sleep mode with NVDA+shift+s.  Note that will put NVDA to sleep while the current application is active.  EG if you are using Chrome, them NVDA will wake up when you go to another application (or the alt+tab window), but as long as you are in a Chrome window, NVDA will be "asleep".

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

This is the way browse mode is supposed to work, but this is not the current behavior of NVDA in chrome.  I get browse mode turning on regardless of whether I've specifically turned it off or not.  This didn't happen with earlier versions of NVDA, so it's something fairly new, though I'm not sure which version started doing this, but it definitely didn't do it in 2016.4, but it does with 2017.3.  I don't know which in between version broke it, because I upgraded directly, since I wanted the kindle functionality, and had no reason to upgrade before then.

On 11/2/2017 2:07 PM, Gene wrote:
Browse mode is supposed to stay off regardless of what happens until you turn it on again.  If you close the browser and reopen it, browse mode will be on but when you manually turn it off, it stays off for the session until you turn it on.