From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 57 etc

Hi, Brian

I have the same issue on the other machine, and that is the reason why I keep to shift instead to use the Firefox ESR version 52 but for now I will stick to this version because there is likely more stable in performance and never has a problem. And, once the issue has fix maybe I could go for to use and test it again.

Robert Mendoza

On 11/3/2017 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
With regard to this version of Firefox, and in addition to what Joseph posted about it. Here is what me acting as the average unaware updater found.
After installation only the menus work, no content on the page is readable, you cannot go into any browse or focus mode. You just here unknown.
Now there may well be some kind of setting that can be altered, I do not know, to achieve what he got, slow but functioning. I could not find any option for this. Not only that but it seemed to lose almost half of my bookmarks as well.

So unless they fix this on the release version anyone trying to use Firefox 57 when it comes out with the latest version of nvda, and I am up to date with the master branch here, will not be able to do so unless they know how to make it work.
If these people are employees then they will probably need the permission of an admin to reinstall a version like 55, and turn off auto updates. I have reinstalled 52 in actual fact and got my bookmarks back as well as functionality. To my mind the makers of Firefox at the current state of play should be able to see if screenreading software is on a machine in a similar way to Adobe reader or Jarte does, and prevent it from updating to an unworkable version.
I cannot understand why they have not done this.

Anyone care to comment?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.