From: "Kevin Chao" <kevinchao89@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Bluetooth speakers on a PC with NVDA?

I was under the false-impression that Bluetooth 5 would reduce latency, but
more detailed research prooved very little audio improvements in this new
version of Bluetooth.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM David Griffith <daj.griffith@...>
wrote:

I don’t use Bluetooth speakers because of possible latency. Having said
that I understand from a Podcast from Jonathan Mosen that the new Bluetooth
5 standard, if I remember correctly, might improve the situation.

So checking the Bluetooth standard of the speakers and your machine might
reveal if this is the Bluetooth standard. If not I would personally avoid
them and stick to a wired solution.

Some speakers pair with each other wirelessly but accept a wired input
from a sound source into one of the speakers which may be a solution. I
have some speakers which can do this but have never used them on a PC.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog