From: "John Isige" <gwynn@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Installing NVDA and disabling some sort of security setting

No, there's a new thing in the latest Windows 10. I think I still have
the message somewhere or other. It prevents the installer from making a
desktop shortcut and it might give an error or something, but apparently
NVDA runs just fine once it's done, other than not having the desktop
shortcut.

On 11/4/2017 1:47, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi

you are not talking about the UAC screen that comes up when you go to
install a copy of NVDA onto a machine? if this does come up use the
ALT key + letter Y to say yes to it or just tab to it. then NVDA will
finish installing.

Unless a anti virus program does it? then you would have to look in
that virus program and make it a exception

Gene nz

.

On 11/4/2017 11:40 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Recently, I saw a message that talked about the need to disable some sort of security settings in windows 10 when you were installing NVDA. It was a folder I think that you couldn’t get access to and less you disable the setting, and NVDA needs to have that access when it installs. I’ve just spent some time looking through old messages trying to find this and I can’t. Can anybody help me out? I’m sorry to be so vague, but I just can’t find this message.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

--
Image NVDA certified expert