Re: How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I see filehippo say they have it but when I downloaded or tried to yesterday it came up error in zero byte or some such, so maybe the site is maxed out.
I did eventually find it on the Mozilla site but to say its a convoluted process to get at would be an understatement as it seems to exist on an ftp site. Not terribly friendly on that site.
I however still had to turn off the updates completely as it kept wanting to install 56 anyway, so any instructions on how to make it only get security updates would be nice as I do also now have it on an exp machine as tits the last one that will work there.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:12 PM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.