From: "Joe Paton" <patonplace@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi Mary,

at least, on this system, Jaws and window-eyes failed spectacularly with
the 64-bit FF 52 ESR version. I recall NVDA working better, but I did
not perform in depth evaluations.

32-bit was ok with JFW 20 18 and window-eyes. .

I think there may be trouble ahead with ff 57 or 58, as security
weaknesses are being blocked in the canvas. Don't understand it, don't
even know if it will effect screen readers, but it might.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 11:41:06 -0600
"Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

I doubt there is much difference. We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version. I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions. But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information. I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile.