Re: Another NVDA question

Gene

Browse mode doesn't apply.  It is used in web browsing and reading PDF documents.  It is a specific feature that certain browsers and PDF readers support.  The JAWS cursor equivalent is what is being asked about.

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another NVDA question

Hi, Howard,
You will need NVDA's browse mode to move freely around the screen.
NVDA + space bar toggles between focus mode and browse mode. You can tell you are in browse mode when you hear a high  "pip" sound. When you are in focus mode you will hear a dropping "chopping" sound. A good idea is to turn on keyboard help with NVDA +1 Then try NVDA+ space bar and listen to what it describes as you repeat it a few times.

All the best,

Cearbhall