Re: NVDA and iTunes

Giles Turnbull

I don't use iTunes for anything other than buying things from the store and downloading podcasts. The one thing that I do find frustrating is the search field, accessed by Ctrl+f, because NVDA doesn't speak the characters or words as I type them, and if I want to hear what I've typed I can't.  Sometimes I want to amend my search slightly and, unless I'm adding a word at the start or end, I end up clearing the search text and typing my search in again from scratch.

I find everything else associated with store purchases works fine, previewing samples of tracks etc.

The reason I don't use iTunes to manage my library is to stop my iPhone randomly playing tracks unasked!

Giles