Re: Problem with my screen

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

It's possible too that your active window was hidden behind another window.  Since you had word open with a blank document, it's likely they were seeing that window, and the notepad window you had open working was hidden behind one or more other windows.  This happens to me all the time when I ask for sighted help, the first thing the sighted help needs to do is move all the windows around until they find the window I'm working in.  It's likely you experienced something similar.

On 11/7/2017 7:43 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
It could be you have some windows (like WordPad maybe?) set quite small.  NVDA can still work with it, but visually your sighted colleague might only be able to see the ribbon etc.  If you press WINDOWS+UP ARROW it should maximise the current window to take up the full screen.

If you often work with a sighted colleague and would like them to be able to better tell where NVDA is working with the focus, you could install the "Focus highlight" add-on which draws a coloured box around the object which currently has focus.  It doesn't change how NVDA works but can make it easier for sighted users sitting next to you.

You can install that by pressing NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu, then T for tools then go down to "Add-on manager" and get add-ons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
If you get a sighted person to  disable nvda or turn it off does the screen then work. I guess what I'm saying is, is this a driver issue or an nvda issue. I have noted that for example the place you are reading in a web page is often not on screen as nvda is working from its own buffer, but not whole programs being  hidden.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: <prem.translator@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with my screen

I use Windows 7, 32 bit with NVDA 2017.1

The situation always happens when I open many things at the same time and go to each of them using Alt + Tab. When I back to WordPad, nothing appear on my screen, but everything works well with screen reader.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.