From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with my screen

It could be you have some windows (like WordPad maybe?) set quite small.
NVDA can still work with it, but visually your sighted colleague might only
be able to see the ribbon etc. If you press WINDOWS+UP ARROW it should
maximise the current window to take up the full screen.

If you often work with a sighted colleague and would like them to be able
to better tell where NVDA is working with the focus, you could install the
"Focus highlight" add-on which draws a coloured box around the object which
currently has focus. It doesn't change how NVDA works but can make it
easier for sighted users sitting next to you.

You can install that by pressing NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu, then T for
tools then go down to "Add-on manager" and get add-ons.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

If you get a sighted person to disable nvda or turn it off does the
screen then work. I guess what I'm saying is, is this a driver issue or an
nvda issue. I have noted that for example the place you are reading in a
web page is often not on screen as nvda is working from its own buffer, but
not whole programs being hidden.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.