Re: NVDA and Win10 App Essentials.

Hi,

When encountering errors like this, press NVDA+F1 to open Log Viewer, look for the last error text, and copy and paste the traceback.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pascal Lambert
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Win10 App Essentials.

Hi Joseph,

Please, how does one get a log? 

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Win10 App Essentials.

Hi,

I need a log please.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pascal Lambert
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:17 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Win10 App Essentials.

Hi Quentin,

First I would like to thank you for the kind and gentle manner you answer questions on this list.  Second, (issue previously reported) each time I update the Win10 App Essentials, my synthesizer defaults to the MSFT Sound Mapper and I am left without speech.  It is annoying but fixable.  However, I am helping a newly blind person and It is happening on her computer and the experience is more frustrating.  It usually happens after a reboot.  I would appreciate someone looks into the issue.

Very much appreciated

Blessings

Pascal  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] update on sapi 5 problem

Anna should be able to be used by other programs, but if your talk clip program is loading anna and preventing it from being used by NVDA as well.  If Narrator is able to use Anna where NVDA isn't, maybe it's found a way of accessing it that we aren't using.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:

Hi, I typically use the sapi4 mike voice.  I was actually asking because another program uses the sapi5 anna voice to generate talk clips for my clip zip, oh me recently and hasn’t been able to access the anna voice even though narrator uses her fine.  Is it possible that some setting is blocking this voice from being used by any other programs?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:28:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] update on sapi 5 problem

Hi Tony,

Do you have sluggishness using NVDA with the default eSpeak NG voice?  NVDA should be able to use most SAPI 5 voices.  Microsoft Anna is a voice that Microsoft included with Windows 7 and should definitely work.  If you have commercial software installed which comes with other SAPI 5 voices, it's possible NVDA may see those but the voice might give an error when you try to use it.  I've encountered this with programs such as Zoomtext and Talking Typer.  The issue with those is they install the voices as standard SAPI 5 voices, but then restrict them so that they won't work if being used by a program other than the one they came with.

Otherwise, do you have any other programs running which may want to use the SAPI 5 synthesizer?  NVDA can run into problems if another program is trying to use the same synthesizer at the same time (if they are both running, even if both are not trying to speak at once).  The workaround is to set one program to use a different synthesizer.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Tony James <megatronjames@...> wrote:

Hi, a while ago I posted about not being able to use SPAI5 with nvda.  last week I had to launch narrator because nvda was being sluggish and narrator started without a single problem.  I ran it again a few minutes ago without a single hitch.  narrator is set to use anna, but i can't seem to use this voice with any other programs.  does anyone no whats going on?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.