Re: Apology for NVDA and File Explorer advice

David Griffith

There are definitely some things that Exporer ++  can do that ~File Explorer cannot.

For example

You can save a directory listing of files.

You can copy a folder or file path to the clipboard.

You can copy a column of file information to the clipboard.

You can split files.

You can merge files.

You can “destroy” files to delete at least to,some extent securely.

You can set up bookmarks for tabs of windows in file explorer meaning you can navigate to frequently accessed folders easily.

If you set it up in prefernces you can set the program so it treats any zip file as a normal windows folder making it unnecessary  most of the time to unzip files. You just browse them in the way you would any other folder in Windows.

You can do all of these things in Windows Explorer but normally you need third party utilities to do these things.  Explorer ++  does these all natively and of course the main benefit is that it is freeware.

There are probably other things that it can do which others will know about. I thinkg given it is free it is a useful tool to have anyway.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog