Re: Question about typing.

Luke Kio <jameslukekio@...>

I use Microsoft speech api version 5 There are only a few to choose from and that one is the only one I can stand.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:31 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

I’m not sure, but I have a feeling part of this might be synthesizer-dependent. What synthesizer are you using, and have you tried experimenting with different ones to see if any have a faster response time? I use the Microsoft Core voice with NVDA now and I do find it rather slow for this, but tend not to use key echo so it doesn’t really bother me. I choose this synth because I feel like I’ll never really get used to eSpeak, and I know I’m not alone. I know the Festival synth is also rather slow since I tried that on another machine.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luke Kio
Sent: November 8, 2017 4:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question about typing.

I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make  NVDA read them as soon as I press the button?

Thanks for any help.

--

Luke Kio

Bad Dog Audio Production