From: "Tyler Wood" <tcwood12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA in the workforce and in public institutions

Hi,
My workplace provided me with jaws.
Open source is nice, things get fixed, yes, but companies, especially government companies, want things that simply work and are well known and reliable. Also probably have an ongoing license with jaws, so why not use it?
Me personally, if I had a job requiring jaws, $125 every 2 years is hardly a drop in the bucket especially considering if the company pays for the license itself. Also for me, NVDA wasn’t usable in most of the cataloguing programs I worked in whereas jaws was. This was a few years back now, though, so things might change.