Re: NVDA Problems with dynamic content

Gene

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Problems with dynamic content

the Problem is, the page does not refresh itself. It's just the Region where time zones stay up to date. But NVDA speaks every update. Even if I Change the Windows or even when I am typing this E-Mail. How to stop it?

Please have a look at the debug which I have posted here.

Best
Adriani

I'm not sure just What you have in mind.  Should NVDA give the user more control of what is spoken?  Can't this already be done by a combination of the dynamic content setting and land mark settings in the browser?  What do other screen-readers do better?

If you are talking about situations where pages refresh, JAWS, the only other screen-reader I'm familiar with in current production where this behavior can be regulated, allows you to turn page refreshes off but it can't stop all page refreshes.  Firefox has a setting that stops all refreshes and notifies the user when a page wants to refresh, requiring manual permission.
This appears to me to be something the browser should be able to be set to control.

We've seen discussion recently about an expanding  newer paradigm that screen-readers should receive accessibility information from the browser as the main means of access.  This would seem to me to go along with the newer paradigm.