Re: NVDA Problems with dynamic content

Mallard

Adriani,

That's exactly the issue. NVDA doesn't have a way to stop refresh of some dynamic areas, which is superannoying, because it doesn't give you time to read or act on the given area.

This has been going on forever, and apparently no solution is in view. Or is it?

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 14:01, Adriani Botez ha scritto:
the Problem is, the page does not refresh itself. It's just the Region where time zones stay up to date. But NVDA speaks every update. Even if I Change the Windows or even when I am typing this E-Mail. How to stop it?

Please have a look at the debug which I have posted here.

Best
Adriani

I'm not sure just What you have in mind.  Should NVDA give the
user more control of what is spoken?  Can't this already be done
by a combination of the dynamic content setting and land mark
settings in the browser? What do other screen-readers do better?
If you are talking about situations where pages refresh, JAWS, the
only other screen-reader I'm familiar with in current production
where this behavior can be regulated, allows you to turn page
refreshes off but it can't stop all page refreshes.  Firefox has a
setting that stops all refreshes and notifies the user when a page
wants to refresh, requiring manual permission.
This appears to me to be something the browser should be able to
be set to control.
We've seen discussion recently about an expanding  newer paradigm
that screen-readers should receive accessibility information from
the browser as the main means of access.  This would seem to me to
go along with the newer paradigm.