Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 15:20 schrieb Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...>:

Thank you alot for all suggestions. Unfortunately the problem still continues to exist. It is driving me crazy to hear this all the time. I will have to create an issue. Hopefully it gets solved soon.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 14:45 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

Have you looked in advanced settings in options for the check box that says Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page?  You probably have and it may have no bearing on this problem.  If you turn off JAVA script support, you will be able to look at the page without part of it updating but you may not be able to do what you want on the page.  But if you want to see what is there just to see what you haven't seen on that part of the page, that's an option.  Or you could select all, copy it to the clipboard and look at it in a word processor or Notepad.  But again, this is to look at the content of the page and I don't know if there is any way to interact with any part of the page when using a word processor.  I discussed the landmarks setting in another message but I have no idea if that will help and I suspect you've already tried it.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Problems with dynamic content

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 7:01 AM

the Problem is, the page does not refresh itself. It's just the Region where time zones stay up to date. But NVDA speaks every update. Even if I Change the Windows or even when I am typing this E-Mail. How to stop it?

Please have a look at the debug which I have posted here.

Best
Adriani

I'm not sure just What you have in mind.  Should NVDA give the user more control of what is spoken?  Can't this already be done by a combination of the dynamic content setting and land mark settings in the browser?  What do other screen-readers do better?

If you are talking about situations where pages refresh, JAWS, the only other screen-reader I'm familiar with in current production where this behavior can be regulated, allows you to turn page refreshes off but it can't stop all page refreshes.  Firefox has a setting that stops all refreshes and notifies the user when a page wants to refresh, requiring manual permission.
This appears to me to be something the browser should be able to be set to control.

We've seen discussion recently about an expanding  newer paradigm that screen-readers should receive accessibility information from the browser as the main means of access.  This would seem to me to go along with the newer paradigm.