Re: nvda and skype

I think Skype 8 won't support XP; Microsoft ended XP support more than 3 years ago; NVDA 2017.4 will not support XP; even Jaws 16 and newer no longer supports XP.
Given that Windows 7 still has a few more years of extended support, Microsoft might continue to support the new Skype on Windows 7, but I'm not totally sure if that will be the case when the final version is released.
But what I think what needs to be done is that someone in the blindness community who is testing the preview needs to alert Microsoft about accessibility issues and needs to tell Microsoft how important Skype is for blind and visually impaired people who relied on screen readers.