From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 9:18 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and office 2016

Sorry joseph, but that answer is nonsense.

I have the latest build of Office 365 on the fast ring and it is still not fixed.

So I just opened NVDA, then I opened Outlook, then read some Email.  All was fine.  Then I switched to a folder, and Crash!  Outlook Has Stopped Working.

I don’t call that fixed, do you?

Now if the only screen reader I had was NVDA, and I was trying to earn a crust, what kind of support would I get?

Let me see, JAWS and Supernova have fixed the problem in Outlook, so what’s the difference?  Oh wait, they are paid for programs.

In the case of JAWS, I Emailed FS, and they told me it would be fixed very soon.  Then they released a patch for JAWS 18, which specifically fixed these folder crashes.

Now again, I’m in the workplace and I want to get my job done.  I Email nvaccess, and say help I can’t use my tool with NVDA that I could use before.  How long would I expect to wait to get a fix?

It’s been a long time guys for this fix to happen.

My point really is that in order to get that level of support in the workplace from NVAccess, I am guessing they’d have to pay a considerable amount.

So wouldn’t that be the same as buying a screen reader?  I come back to what I’ve always said, and before Laz pipes in, I know I am a supplier of access tech, including JAWS, I believe NVDA really only is for the hobbiest and is not a mission critical app.

Of course, I’d love to be proven wrong on this, but when the rubber hits the road, in terms of work, NVDA just doesn’t cut it.

Quickbooks is another example, there is no add-on for it, but there are JAWS scripts.  Most of the addons are for consumer products.

I personally would love to see the day when NVDA is good enough to use 24-7, but for me that day is not here yet.

All the best

Steve