Re: Duplicate topics?

Christo Vorster

It is true that much of the conversations might seem "off topic" to some people and that such things could have been discussed at the NVDA conference, but that is provided that one could attend the conference. Living in South Africa, and I am very sure that many of the users of NVDA living in other countries have the same problems, simply are not able to do that.

My question is thus: where else are we to discuss the matters that are problems to us?

I'm sorry if I sound stupid or uninformed, but I would like to know.

Christo from South Africa

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2016 6:09 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Duplicate topics?

Hi Nutt,
I believe that those receiving mails in digest mode have to compulsorily create a new thread while replying. However, this issue too can be worked around if one is replying via the reasonably usable interface of mailing and replying on groups.io itself.
I heartily agree that posting methodologies and ways employed by many members on the NVDA Users International forum must be enhanced for optimal smoothness and ease in communication and discussion.
I would also like to sincerely request that we temporarily cease such subjective discussion about a topic as speech synthesizers and related comparisons. Although text to speech engines to form an integral component of a screen reader, this topic has generated more off-topic contraversial mails than it is worth, and I appeal to all to pause these discussions temporarily, and allow for the fullest blooming, participation and cooperate to attain a successful NVDA conference, which is useful for not only users, but I would like to believe also developers, and all others interested in NVDA in between.
Sincerely hoping to meet many of you in NVDACon International 2016 Users and Developers Conference 10th Anniversary edition!
Thanks.

On 4/20/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi all,

For the past few days I started to notice that there are multiple
threads with exactly the same or very similar subject line. For
example, I see multiple threads with the subject 'espeak' as the subject line.

I wonder...why do people have to create multiple threads with exactly
the same subject line? For instance, there should be only a single
thread with the 'Espeak' subject line, and all discussion about Espeak
should be in that thread.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.