Re: NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

Mary Otten <motten53@...>

Hi David,
I know for sure that NVDA is not set up to speak anywhere, not on the login screen and not after start up. As for that other question about the voice synthesizer, I believe so. But the machine is back at the store for the tech to try to fix this strange problem that the machine is having. So I don’t know. Unfortunately, if he really didn’t believe my husband that this problem started before NVDA was installed and continued after, well I don’t know. He will probably uninstall NVDA and think his work is done. And then the machine will go back to the store for good and I will have to start looking for another one. At another store.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2017, at 12:49 PM, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

This sounds unusual behaviour.

NVDA has two modes.

Normally at the login level in my experience only ESpeak is available. If NVDA is speaking with eSpeak when it is not your selected synthetiser it mormally means that you are either at the login screen or in some part of the log out process. NVDA will also speak sometimes with eSpeak whilst Windows updates are being applied.

To start with the  basics, if you go to NVDA settings with NVDA plus N and look under General Preferences doyou have NVDA set to start automatically and also to speak at the Login screen?

Simialrly have you checked your  synthetiser and voice settings also in NVDA settings?

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog