Re: NVDA in the workforce and in public institutions

On a lot of machines I do some business stuff on a semi perminant basis I do load free software which is not necessarily part of that business.

I am ofcaused asked about x software version, and x program.

My responce is, its for my use when doing admin work and servicing.

It aint yours, you are free to run it, but if you don't don't I'll even make it so you can't access it by accident.

For me on all systems 7zip, java, a codec pack from klite and ccleaner are the main ones.

And a lot of extra runtimes and the like, some pcpitstop web software and thats about it.

Not all of it is for those to use its just there for example, I need to make a cd, or extract a file.

Or check a config or clear junk files.

Nothing is set to autorun, if they say anything I just say I can't do my job without it and its not like its licenced anyway and just leave it alone and thats worked for me.

On 12/11/2017 10:14 a.m., Mike and Jenna wrote:
Hi,

It has nothing to do with the laws at all. They are like that with all
software. I've worked with the tresurary board who sets the standards.
However what you run into is each department has its own IT rules that it
runs on. My wife could get a phone threw work however they only offer
blackberrys and will not let her get an apple phone. It is all about them
being legally able to get clearance bby the government for their software.
That's like I have seen their software catalog and they offer 7zip but no
other open source software.