OK, but why would it talk if it’s not loaded? If it’s never been started up, shouldn’t it stay silent?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi
When the Windows log-in and lock screen come into play, a Different NVDA profile is used to the one related to your user-id and it may be this that is providing speech during the shut-down process. Unless you specifically copy a modified profile across for system usage, it will use the default synth which is E-speak.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: 11 November 2017 19:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

I have this new machine and it has NVDA on it. But in Vda does not load at start up. We are having some problems with the machine, and my husband thought he had narrowed it down to stuff screwing up when you restart rather than shutting down the machine. Anyway, with NVDA not loaded when the machine is shutting down, occasionally will hang up and e speak will start talking. That is not the synthesizer I have selected. But it does talk. And it is happened on a few occasions. When he took it back to the store to let the tech look at it, it did that once, and now the tech is blaming the whole thing on NVDA. I’m sure that’s not correct, but I don’t know what to tell them.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone