OK. But he doesn’t have an account on the machine. So far as I know, I am the only one, administrator. And I do not have NVDA set to load either at logon or at start up or I should say after start up. I have a couple of screen readers on the machine. And I don’t want any of them loading until I say which one, or maybe I just want to load kurzweil. So nothing like that is loading and I am the only account.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2017, at 2:57 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

There are 2 settings related to NVDA, when a log-on/secure screen is displayed and after a user logs into Windows. If any NVDA user has a profile in which the setting for log-on/secure screens is selected, those screens will be spoken irrespective of whether a particular user has NVDA loaded when working in their own Windows user account or not. For example if both you and your husband have a user account on the computer, you are an an NVDA user but your husband is not. If your husband logs into his account, NVDA is not loaded but if he logs out, Windows will load NVDA so the log in screen will be spoken to enable you to log-in if you so wish.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: 11 November 2017 22:15
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

OK, but why would it talk if it’s not loaded? If it’s never been started up, shouldn’t it stay silent?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi
When the Windows log-in and lock screen come into play, a Different NVDA profile is used to the one related to your user-id and it may be this that is providing speech during the shut-down process. Unless you specifically copy a modified profile across for system usage, it will use the default synth which is E-speak.

Cheers
Chris