From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: 11 November 2017 22:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

Hi
When the Windows log-in and lock screen come into play, a Different NVDA profile is used to the one related to your user-id and it may be this that is providing speech during the shut-down process. Unless you specifically copy a modified profile across for system usage, it will use the default synth which is E-speak.

Cheers
Chris