I put the screen readers on the machine. And I’m the one who checked that NVDA should not load the logon or at after start up. I heard NVDA announce the proper setting for those checkboxes in NVDA preferences. So if it set to load at the logon screen, it did that magically, and I’ve never really believed in magic. Smile. I’ll have to wait until the machine comes home and then I can recheck everything. But I know what I set up.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 12, 2017, at 1:56 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

The big question here is who put the screenreaders on the machine in the first place.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

If you don't have something load at login and after login, you may miss error messages. You should have something start and if you don't want to use it, you can unload it and run something else. But having a machine be silent at the login screen and silent after you log in is a bad idea. Also, I'm not sure what is occurring but it may have been a mistake to take the computer to the store rather than discuss the problem here first. E-Speak comes with NVDA but it just doesn't speak. It speaks at times when NVDA is running. Something is occurring and we don't know what yet.