Re: NVDA speaking even when it’s not loaded when there’s a problem with shut down

Its the curse of laptops and brought desktops.

The only good thing is after you go through it, most of the software on your laptop you probably need.

I cleared mcafee antivirus off the one my aunt got, the backup software, and the game software but everything else ran with the laptop.

I also cleared trials of office and other junk but its not as bad as you'd think.

To be honest though if I brought a system I'd like it to have if it needed software bundled at all, and to be honest bundeled software which reduces the price to something I can afford well I'll take it.

However I really wish one day I'd turn on my laptop and find it full of bundled stuff that I may use or may even buy.

I have goldwave but heck if I got soundforge, reeper, some accessible game engines, and maybe few other things including nice image backup software, maybe a subscription to a technology magazine that is remotely interesting in some accessible format but no wishfull thinking.

The good thing though is with a lot of laptop makers and when you buy you scrole down the page and they tell you what is installed.

It used to be that they were just giving you stuff loaded with who knows what.

You can accept it or not.

In the end I only got rid of stuff I wouldn't use, clickfree, mcafee, wild tangent games, and office the rest was actually usefull stuff.

There was their dropbox but I had one myself but even so.

On 12/11/2017 10:21 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Unfortunately increasingly these days they keep a hidden partition and restore from there but this leaves all the crap that many shops ship with the machine as a sponsorship deal to keep the selling price down. In the end the money you pay attach to take it all off is better spent with a local shop you know and trust who can just put on what you ask for not the entire contents of the software store as demos.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-