Re: NVDA in the workforce and in public institutions

Antony Stone

I've lost track of what the insurance comment was in this thread.

Please can someone point me at some official documentation to explain what the
vendors have to comply with to get government contracts?

I'd be interested to know how the Canadian government manages to use any open
source software if they have rules in place which would be a problem for NVDA
specifically.

Antony.

On Monday 13 November 2017 at 18:42:43, Mike and Jenna wrote:

Hi,

Its more as being registered as a business and having a contract with the
federal government. You have to become a vender.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin
Christensen Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA in the workforce and in public institutions

Just on the insurance thing in Canada - can anyone point me to a reference
about what it is and what's involved please?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
<the.big.white.shepherd@...
<mailto:the.big.white.shepherd@...> > wrote:

nope not seeing this on any of my computers.

On 11/11/2017 05:15, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi,

I wouldn’t either, however…

The difference in jaws and NVDA moving through explorer windows is so
drastically light and day different on the same computer. Despite what the
processor is doing jaws simply handles it whereas NVDA, by contrast, is
frustratingly slow. It’s especially telling when you use them side by
side.

*From: *Brian Vogel <mailto:britechguy@...
<mailto:britechguy@...> > *Sent: *November 10, 2017 10:19 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> > *Subject: *Re:
[nvda] NVDA in the workforce and in public institutions

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 05:57 pm, Tyler Wood wrote:

I’m talking intel atom, ulv celleron, Pentium.

I would not expect screen readers to be particularly "sprightly" on any of
these processors if what they're running on top of is in any way
processing intensive.
--
o? w--(---) O !M V+++(--) !PS !PE Y+ PGP+> t- !tv@ b+++ DI++ D--- e+++(*) h++

Please reply to the list;