Re: braille me affordable braille display

Here, here to the 40-cell display. Twenty is barely enough to do serious reading. That's what I would use it for. Mobile is the future, this I know. However, the more Braille cells on a display, the better. I'm thinking 32 or 40 would be nice.

On 11/13/2017 4:27 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

If only someone would come out with a 40 cell option. That or the makers of
these new entries would also scale up to a 40 cell display...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Buddy
Brannan
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 12:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille me affordable braille display

Hi,

Y'all will recall that BrailleMe came to the NVDA community for assistance
in putting together a display driver last year.

Earlier this year, late spring or perhaps very early summer, I got to see an
early prototype of BraillMe, and it showed a lot of promise. There were afew
rough edges, which I hope have been addressed in the final production
version.

At $50 less than Orbit Reader 20, there are a couple things I'll observe.
First, the early prototype was a bit noisy, especially as the cursor
blinked. Also, sometimes a cell wouldn't populate correctly if you had your
finger on it. I hope these shortcomings got addressed. Also, this says it's
a six-dot cell, not eight. This might be an issue for some, although I must
say I never used those extra dots myself. On the plus side, display refresh
is instantaneous, and there are cursor routing buttons for each cell, a
feature the Orbit lacks. So if they really do release on 4th January, we
could well have a winner here.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Mobile (preferred): (814) 431-0962

On Nov 13, 2017, at 8:50 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

hello

braille me will cost $399 united states dollars.

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird