Re: Can I shorten pauses following punctuation?

Ann Byrne

Point well taken. thanks.

Ann
rote:

Hey.
I asked about something like this a week or two ago when I first joined the
list. Are you using the Microsoft voices? If so, they insert long pauses
after periods and commas -- the former, especially. There is no
configuration setting to change this and it isn't a nVDA issue. You will
have to modify the .ini file for the voice you use. I don't know if this is
exactly your problem. The person who wrote this blog is on this list, and he
pointed me here:
https://tspivey.wordpress.com/2017/09/10/speeding-up-the-microsoft-onecore-v
oices-in-windows-10/

The .ini file I had to modify is not exactly the same one as shown here.
However you should be able to find it, wherever it is on your system.